Prado in the Kitchen: BBQ Chicken Pizza
Posted on Saturday, June 25 2016 04:41:00 PM in POP FOOD by Alta Prado
So, pizza is one of my favorite foods, but I hate ordering it because it never tastes like I want it to taste. Here is a simple recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza that can be made with leftover chicken, naan bread, and a few other items that you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 2 large pieces of naan Bread, or 4 small pieces of naan Bread
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Leftover rotisserie chicken, or 2 chicken breasts,
- Half a bag of spinach
- ¼ a red onion
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Preheat oven to 425°F. If you have a baking stone, place it in the oven to preheat.
- Dice the cloves of garlic and saute with the butter and spinach until the garlic is soft and the spinach is wilted.
- Let the garlic and spinach cool.
- Saute the chicken, either the shredded rotisserie chicken or the chicken breasts, then pour the BBQ sauce and let it reduce by about half.
- Spread the cooled garlic on the naan, top with the BBQ chicken.
- Spread the red onions across the pizzas evenly and top with as much cheese as you want.
- Put pizza in the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and the edges of the naan pizza are crispy.
- Let cool then cut into slices and serve hot.